Hey Smokey, do your part to prevent fires
Published on July 1, 2021 by David Wylie
It’s already been a catastrophic fire season.
Temperatures into the 40s have made the woods drier than an eighth packed in 2019.
We don’t need to be risky with our weed; a little bit of common sense is good when it comes to preventing forest fires.
Here are some ways to avoid one hell of a downer while you’re out getting high:
- Avoid smoking in the woods, especially if it’s windy. In blustery conditions, save it for the concrete jungle where you can easily butt out on a sidewalk.
- On the trail, stick to the gravel or dirt path. It’s legal; you don’t have to hide in the underbrush.
- Consider dry-herb vaping or hitting a vape cart.
- Drinks are a perfect companion. You’re going to be thirsty anyway, so why not bring a few iced teas or sparkling waters to quench your thirst and get your buzz on.
- Don’t toss your joint absentmindedly. Put it out properly.
Send us a way you play it safe: firstname.lastname@example.org.